Insurance and Payment Information
Payment and Insurance
- Please contact your insurance company to obtain a “preferred provider” list to make sure Sunrise Urology is a “participating provider” on your plan prior to scheduling an appointment. Some plans may require you to obtain a “referral” from your primary care provider prior to seeing a specialist.
- We can still help you if we are not on your “preferred provider” list. Your insurance coverage will be determined by any “out of network” benefits you may have as dictated by your plan.
- As a courtesy to you, we verify insurance benefits and eligibility prior to your visit.
- Applicable copayments will be collected at the time of service. This arrangement is part of your contract with your insurance company, and our failure to collect copayment from you may be considered fraud.
- We will collect any unmet deductible and applicable patient payment responsibility at the time of your visit.
- Fees for services not covered by insurance are collected at the time of visit.
- Patients who do not have insurance coverage or have a Health Savings Account / Health Reimbursement Arrangement will be required to pay in full at every visit.
- For your convenience, our office accepts cash, debit cards, credit cards (MasterCard™ and VISA™) and personal checks.
- Please contact your insurance plan representative if you have questions regarding coverage for your visit or procedure. Insurance companies are responsible to you, the policyholder, not to the physician. As a courtesy to you, our office will file your claims to your insurance company as long as we are “contracted” with your insurance company. However, we do not determine the amount of coverage you will receive. Your insurance company determines the amount of your coverage and you should be aware of your benefits prior to all office visits and procedures. Any questions you may have concerning your insurance benefits should be directed to your insurance plan representative.